Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Those Shocking Shaking Days: Indonesia Hard, Psychedelic, Progressive Rock and Funk 1970-1978

 
 
Wow!! I highly recomend this album to anyone interested in something strange, but really cool at the same time
 
Now-Again Records presents a new, essential entry into the growing phenomenon known as Psych-Funk with Those Shocking Shaking Days: the untold story of Indonesia’s various underground 70s musical scenes. This anthology contains 20 tracks of hard, psychedelic, progressive rock and funk that has been largely unheard or ignored outside of the confines of this island nation.
 
 
 
 
Yeah thats the basic concept of taking LSD
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of them. I'm impressed...good stuff!

    I've been meaning to ask, have you ever heard of the all-female band Fanny? I saw one of their records at a record show and wished I had picked it up, they're good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man ya should have grabbed it Fanny was a real heavey hot chick group in the early 70s I heard about them first in a Bowie Bio I read a couple years ago he realy dug them, they did some sweet covers "Hey Bulldog" and "Badge" both worth a listen. kind of sound like if ABBA and Deep Purple had a baby , I'm sure the record label had no idea what to do with them so they just disapeared.

    ReplyDelete